Monday, January 19, 2004

Berlin, spontaneity, & other stuff

VH-1 was able to pull off getting the 80's rock group Berlin back together for a show. I'm sitting here watching it right now on "Bands Reunited." The lead singer, Terri Nunn, is freakin' hot. And they still sound great after all these years! Makes me want to go out and seek out the vinyl for the record player that i don't have. Damn, she has an incredible voice!



Looking good after all these years


This weekend, i was spontaneous. Yes, me. Spontaneous. I went out with a friend to seek out something to do in the metroplex. We were just planning on cruising around. But, we ended up going to a local carnival that we just passed along the way. I have a slight fear of carnivals. I suppose it's from watching too many Travel Show and Discovery Channel shows about carnivals gone wrong. You know the show where the ride was put together too quickly and a screw flies off the Tilt-A-Whirl and decapitates an innocent 19 yr. old who just wanted to experience the ride? So, yeah. I rode four rides. I almost smacked my face into a cage on one ride. On another ride, i could have sworn that we were going to fly off and get lost in space. But, overall, it was exciting. I mean, we just happened to drive by a carnival we didn't know was there and stopped. So much fun.

I found out that if you're a blogger, it would behoove you to learn HTML. I stayed up all hours of the night last night trying to figure out how to change font colors and borders and add something and take something away. I never had any desire whatsoever to learn HTML, but now i've been kind of forced into it. So, i suppose i can call myself a "Geek-in-Training." But, hey, ain't nothin' wrong with the geeks.

No comments: